Restaurant Insurance San Diego, CA
Being in the food and beverage business comes with different risks. That is why you will need restaurant business insurance because it is one of the areas where you do not want to skimp. H&M Insurance Company San Diego is here to help you find the best San Diego restaurant insurance policy.
San Diego restaurant business insurance reduces losses that could impact your food establishment in our city. In addition, it could help you protect your employees and customers in the event of slips, falls, and more. H&M Insurance Agency can help you customize your insurance plan to fit the specific needs of your foodservice establishment. Choosing the right small business insurance San Diego, CA can offer you complete business-coverage, so you can have peace of mind and focus on your business development.
#1 Commercial Restaurant Insurance San Diego, CA
Our primary goal is to find the best possible rates from multiple insurance carriers. We are aware that no two food businesses are alike – tavern has different insurance needs than the fine-dining establishment, so our licensed agents will make recommendations tailored to your business at the most competitive prices. Do not wait until an accident happens, be sure that we have just the right solution for you.
Our customized policies include several coverage options:
- Business owner policy (BOP) – includes liability and property insurance. Properties covered by BOP typically include owned or rented business premises and personal business property. The liability portion usually offers coverage for third parties who suffer bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, or advertising injury on a covered business’s premises or caused by the business’s owner or employees.
- General liability coverage – you will be protected against third-party claims, including bodily injury and property damage claims your business is legally obligated to pay for.
- Worker’s compensation – provides benefits to employees who get injured or sick from a work-related cause. It covers medical expenses, ongoing care costs, lost wages, funeral costs, and disability benefits, and it is mandatory in most states.
- Liquor liability coverage – it protects businesses that serve, sell, and distribute alcohol. This type of restaurant liability insurance helps cover claims of bodily injury or property damage that an intoxicated person causes after your company served them alcohol.
- Food liability insurance program (FLIP) – provides commercial general liability insurance, inland marine coverage, and many additional, specific options. FLIP works through a risk purchasing group, allowing vendors to purchase a policy at a group rate while maintaining their policy limits.
- Commercial property insurance – this type of restaurant policy option includes protecting your company’s physical assets from explosions, fire, storms, burst pipes, vandalism, and theft. This policy does not typically cover floods and earthquakes unless those perils are added to the policy.
- Equipment breakdown coverage – it covers damages to your equipment caused by covered internal forces, like electrical shorts, power surges, motor burnout, mechanical breakdowns, and operator errors. In addition, it provides funds to repair or replace damaged machinery or equipment that has suffered a failure. Resulting business income and extra expense loss are often covered as well.
- Business income coverage or business interruption coverage (BIC) – covers a loss of income suffered by a business when damage to its premises by a covered cause of loss causes a slowdown or suspension of its operations. It can be extended to apply to loss suffered after completing the repairs for a specified number of days.
- Product liability insurance – will cover the medical expenses if your product makes your customers sick and need to go to the hospital.
- Food contamination and spoilage – covers the loss caused by frozen or refrigerated foods that spoil during a power outage or equipment failure. It also covers employee medical testing and equipment cleaning costs if your business is closed because of food poisoning or other illnesses.
Besides the abovementioned, some additional policies can protect you from the insurance claims:
- Commercial auto & fleet – most commercial auto insurance policies include liability insurance to cover your business’s legal costs if one of your employees gets into a car accident. In some cases, it can cover vehicle vandalism, theft, and other damages.
- Restaurant crime insurance – this policy offers protection against theft, robbery, burglary, funds transfer fraud, computer fraud, even employee forgery or counterfeiting.
- Umbrella policy – when you need additional coverage that exceeds the general liability policy limits, then your umbrella policy goes in.
- Cyber liability insurance – when your customers’ data become stolen or exposed, cyber liability covers the massive expenses of the legal responsibility for a data breach.
Who Needs Restaurant Insurance in San Diego, CA?
All the businesses that serve and cook food should have adequate restaurant insurance, like:
- Coffee shops;
- Sandwich shops;
- Fast food franchises;
- Food delivery services;
- Night clubs;
- Family-style restaurants.
Why Choose the Restaurant Insurance in San Diego by H&M Agency?
Here at H&M Insurance Company, we are dedicated to creating customized insurance plans to meet the needs of your food industry. Our goal is the same – to keep your business moving forward. Insurance for a restaurant protects your business against financial situations that can be impossible to overcome. Our team of experts will find the best restaurant policy for your restaurant or other food and beverage establishment.
Finding the best insurance for a restaurant in San Diego, CA, can sometimes be overwhelming, so feel free to contact our responsive and knowledgeable agents to help you find the most affordable option according to the needs of your business.
- We minimize risks and reduce costs;
- We are the family-owned company for more than 50 years;
- Our restaurant insurance quote is easy, simple, and free;
- Dedicated to your personal insurance needs;
- Most affordable prices;
- Our agency is specialized in San Diego and California market;
- Our partners are renowned insurance companies;
- We provide objective assistance at the leading insurance rates in California.
What Restaurant Insurance in San Diego Covers?
Is Food Liability Insurance Mandatory for Restaurants in California?
How Much is Restaurant Insurance in San Diego, CA?
• The size, nature, and location of your business,
• The package policies and coverage choices available from your insurer,
• The unique risks your business faces,
• Yearly revenue,
• Whether you serve alcoholic beverages,
• Previous lawsuit and claims,
• The number of employees.
About Restaurant Scene in San Diego
With a pretty robust food scene, San Diego certainly has world-class food. It offers a variety of cuisines, from Mexican to Japanese. Hundreds of restaurants serve a San Diego favorite, the California burrito. You can find many of the most popular restaurants in the Gaslamp Quarter, Little Italy, La Jolla, Hillcrest, and Old Town. Many critics agree that San Diego has the best Japanese sushi restaurants within the continental United States. Some of them are Azuki Sushi, Hane Sushi, Hooked on Sushi, and more.
Italian food is very popular, with an incredibly pick of restaurants like Glass Door Restaurant, Juniper and Ivy, Herb and Wood, Little Italy Food Hall – all located in elegant Little Italy.
With its dry and warm climate and ocean access, San Diego benefits from an abundant seafood supply. Several chain restaurants made their start in San Diego. These are Anthony’s Fish Grotto (1946), Jack in the Box (1951), Roberto’s Taco Shop (1964), Alberto’s (1975), Souplantation (March 1978), Rubio’s (1983), and Pat & Oscar’s (1991).
Need the Best Restaurant Insurance San Diego Can Offer? Call (619) 296-0005 for a FREE Quote
In these uncertain times, having the right restaurant policy is the business-saver. H&M Insurance agency will always have your back when unexpected problems happen. Feel free to call us at (619) 296-0005 or fill in an online quote.
Related Articles to San Diego Restaurant Insurance
This article explains the best liability insurance policies to avoid risks against third-party insurance claims and save money. Learn everything you need to know about general liability, professional liability, product liability, and many other types – you will be prepared.
Employing more people means more customers, clients, but also more responsibility. Having the right small business insurance will help you get covered in case of accidents. We will present you with the most common types of small business policies to protect your business environment.
Written as a package policy, hotel and motel insurance is designed to meet the needs of hospitality establishments. Click to learn more about the best hotel policies and what they cover.
Satisfied customers and growing business is excellent, but what if something ruins your idyll? Bakery insurance will cover everything – from loss of income to customer injuries.