We are a San Diego-based insurance agency that works with the top-rated motorcycle insurance companies to provide the best coverage and the lowest rates in California. Whether you own a sportbike, touring bike, custom bike, cruiser, or scooter, you can turn to H&M Insurance.
We stand behind our coverage with industry-leading services, liability coverage, collision coverage, bodily injury coverage, and support. Our motorcycle insurance San Diego policies are customizable, meaning your policy is made to the accurate specifications of who you are, how you ride, and what kind of coverage you need. Riding motorcycles is more dangerous than riding other types of vehicles. So if you value your and safety of other motorists, investing in the best motorcycle insurance San Diego has to offer is crucial.
Motorcycle Insurance Coverage in San Diego, California
At H&M Insurance, we understand the exposures facing motorcyclists, and our insurance bundle can be accommodated to fit a wide range of risks. Our motorcycle insurance coverage will benefit you, your bike, and others on the road.
The 10 main coverages that make up the best California motorcycle insurance policy include:
Bodily Injury Liability Coverage
It is the minimum coverage most states will require to have. This coverage will protect you in case you injure or kill someone in an accident. It can also pay for legal expenses if a person injured by you decides to sue you.
Helps you pay to replace or repair your bike if destroyed or damaged in an accident, regardless of who is at fault. If the accident is deemed your fault, without collision coverage, you will pay the cost of fixing or replacing your bike.
This type of coverage pays for damages to your bike that are not the result of an accident, including vandalism, theft, fire, or natural disasters. If you ride an expensive bike, comprehensive coverage is worth considering.
Property Damage Coverage
Covers damages you caused on another person’s property in a motorcycle accident. It also includes compensation for court expenses if a damaged party decides to sue you.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage
This insurance protects you in case you involve in an accident with a driver whose insurance limits are too low to cover all the damages you have suffered or does not have insurance at all.
Also called custom parts and equipment coverage, it will protect modifications you make to your bike. It includes any enhancement or other equipment that changes the performance or appearance of the motorcycle.
Motorcycle helmets can be extremely expensive to replace when damaged in a bike accident, especially if they have some additional electronic components like a Bluetooth connection. So, having helmet coverage prevents you from paying out of your pocket for a new one.
Getting stuck in a neverland with a flat tire or out of gas is not the most pleasant experience. If your bike breaks down, the most common roadside services may include battery replacements, tire changes, jumpstarts, tows, emergency fuel, and key recovery.
Guest Passenger Liability
It covers any passengers you may have ridden with you. It would help pay for the passenger’s medical expenses if you caused a motorcycle accident.
Personal Injury Protection Coverage (PIP)
Also known as ‘no-fault’ insurance, it can pay damages if you suffer from a serious injury or even death as the result of an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
Why Choose H&M Motorcycle Insurance?
Our company is independently owned and locally operated to handle your insurance needs. We focus on San Diego and offer affordable and reliable insurance choices across California. We’ll help you find the right combination of tailored, personalized policies at a reasonable price to fit your needs.
- Customizable motorcycle coverage to meet your needs;
- 50 years of experience and expertise in the California market;
- Family-owned business with 50+ years of experience;
- We partner with top-rated insurance firms;
- Easy, quick, and free no-obligation quotes;
- Best motorcycle insurance rates in California;
- Good driver and multi-policy discounts;
- Award-winning client service.
Need Motorcycle Insurance San Diego Specialist? Call (619) 296-0005 Today
We take the guesswork out of selecting the best motorcycle insurance California offers for you and your bike. Our agents stay up to date on the latest insurance laws and coverage changes, so you can rest easy knowing you’ll get the best coverage. We can offer you the best motorcycle insurance rates San Diego, California has. Ring us at (619) 296-0005 and see what we can do for you!
Motorcycle Accident San Diego Insurance: FAQs
It is mandatory to carry liability insurance for all registered motorcycles in California. The liability coverage requirements are the same for all motor vehicles – we express it as 15/30/5:
- $15,000 for bodily injury per person,
- $30,000 for bodily injury per accident,
- $5,000 for property damage.
It is important to point out that liability coverage will not cover personal costs if the motorcycle driver is at fault. For that reason, purchasing additional coverages like collision and MedPay coverage can help drivers and passengers to cover personal damages for accidents they cause.
It depends. However, it is best to choose complete motorcycle insurance coverage within your budget. You want to be sure that you are sufficiently covered in the case of an accident and do not have to pay large bills out of your pocket. That means choosing the right amount of comprehensive collision, bodily injury liability, property damage liability, accessory, and other coverage to protect you and your cycle.
Motorcycle insurance is similar to car insurance. There are some coverages required by the State of California and others that may be optional. Liability policies are usually required by the state and provide coverage for damages or injuries you may cause to others in an accident. There are other coverages you can use for – added accessories and coverage for towing and roadside assistance. You can opt for optional limits and coverages to personalize your policy to meet your requirements.
The amount you pay for motorcycle coverage depends on several factors, including your age, location, and riding habits. Your credit history and claims can also help determine your rate. The average California motorcycle insurance policy costs approximately $58 a month, or $696 per year.
When looking for a new bike, bear in mind that your insurance rates will largely depend on the size of the bike you plan to purchase. You may want to glance at these tips you need to now to save some money on your motorbike insurance:
- Choose an older, smaller, and less expensive bike. Try to avoid unusual and modified bikes as they will make your premiums more expensive.
- Pay your premiums annually because you will avoid paying for finance arrangement fees or interests.
- Improve your bike’s safety by installing alarms and immobilizers to deter thieves.
- Consider multi-bike discounts because insuring them all separately can be more expensive.
- No-claims discount for claim-free years can be significant.
Yes, it is, for the simple reason that it is much riskier to drive a motorcycle. The bike may cost less than a car, but that has almost no bearing on the likelihood of an accident, much higher than a bike.
It depends. However, choosing complete coverage within your budget is always recommended. You want to make sure that you are adequately covered in the case of an accident and do not have to pay large bills out of your pocket. That means choosing the right amount of collision, comprehensive, property damage liability, bodily injury liability, and other coverage to protect you and your passenger.
Safety Tips for Motorcycle Riders in San Diego
Motorcyclists are statistically more likely to suffer fatal injuries than other drivers. In 2018, 488 motorcyclists in California lost their lives, 30 of them not wearing helmets. With these useful tips, you will reduce the risk of serious accidents.
- Wear the gear that will protect you in all weather conditions against flying bugs, debris, and, most important, road rash. Specially designed, reinforced jackets and pants will provide protection as well as ventilation. Also, helmets with visors will properly protect your eyes and head – riders without helmets are 40% more likely to suffer a fatal head injury in a crash.
- Obey traffic laws, which means that you must ride on the correct side of the road, stop at red lights and stop signs, obey speed limits and other road signs. If you choose to lane split, do it safely and do not share lanes with cars, even just to pass.
- Never drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol. These substances significantly impair your judgment and slow your reflexes. Stay sober if you plan to drive your bike.
- Be defensive and extra alert – keep an eye on vehicles suddenly changing lanes. Do not tailgate; ensure you have enough stopping distance and time to react to both vehicles and obstacles on the road.
- Keep your bike working properly – inspect tires, brakes, lights, horns, and direction signals. Routine checks at your local motorcycle mechanic shop can significantly decrease safety risks.